The U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs is holding a poster contest for Veterans’ Day 2020. The theme for Veterans Day 2020 is: “Vision: Veterans in Focus.” The guidelines for the contest are:
- Be 18” x 24” at 300 dots per inch, scale down submissions to 9”x12.”
- The design will be used for a 1” x 1.5” lapel pin. Simple designs look best scaled down to lapel pins. If you’d like to submit a modified design for the lapel pin based off the original poster design, you may do so.
- Submissions are not restricted to “human centric” presentations, such as a joint color guard. Imagery of American icons, monuments or scenery can qualify, for example, the American flag.
- Representative of all Veterans who served. The Committee may select a particular submission but ask the artist to make modifications to the original design. The Committee may require additional changes prior to printing.
- Design must include the words :Veterans Day, November 11, 2020” and “Honoring all who served.”
- Include sufficient information to demonstrate that the image is the work of the artist and is not copyrighted material (i.e. photos and concepts).
- Successful designs are very simple with minimal imagery and verbiage. To view examples of past winning submissions visit: http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/gallery.asp.
The deadline for submissions is April 1st, 2020.
Detailed information can be found on the VA website’s page about the contest.